Fallen Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallen Souls

A brand new messageboard to exchange information on personal paranormal experiences, locations of interesting abandoned and haunted places, and other random chit-chat.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cursed Crying Boy paintings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Miss Margo
Admin
Miss Margo

Cursed Crying Boy paintings Empty
PostSubject: Cursed Crying Boy paintings   Cursed Crying Boy paintings I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:12 pm

I heard this story a long, long time ago about a house that burned down completely.
Everything was completely destroyed, save for one thing: a painting of a crying boy, which was unmarred.
The story goes that this same event occurred at several other houses.
Apparently, at one point, the legend was so large that a famous national paper (The Sun) called for its' readers to send them the paintings for them to be destroyed. Story goes that a fire destroyed the warehouse where the paintings were being held.

Now, this is all rumor & legend, I can't validate that any of it ever actually happened.
And I do also know that The Sun is basically a tabloid, & should only be read with tongue firmly planted in cheek.
But stories have to start somewhere, so maybe there's something to it.
Or maybe someone just has an very good imagination.

Anyway, I know that the prints were a big hit throughout the 60s & 70s, & a couple of artists were cited.
One of them was a Scottish woman named Anna Zinkeisen.
Her pieces "Childhood", & "Crying Boy" were said to be among the "jinxed" paintings.
Cursed Crying Boy paintings Childh10 Cursed Crying Boy paintings Dsc00024

The other is a Spanish artist Bruno Amadio, also known as Bragolin, among several other names.
There are said to be about 28 variations on Bragolin's Crying Child theme, some even featuring crying girls.
I found about 12 or so examples at a Dutch site, & every one features a crying child.

Cursed Crying Boy paintings Dsc00013 Cursed Crying Boy paintings Dsc00014 Cursed Crying Boy paintings Dsc00015 Cursed Crying Boy paintings Dsc00017

And this is the infamous "Blue Boy" that started everything:
Cursed Crying Boy paintings Dsc00018

So, more than likely, there's no curse after all, but in my experience, a whole lot of people get totally creeped out by these.
And, call me crazy, but now I think I want one.
This one:
Cursed Crying Boy paintings Dsc00023

But I don't know. What do you think?
Ever known anyone who had one, or had one yourself?

EDITED TO ADD:
Just found this, lol:
Cursed Crying Boy paintings Crying10
Back to top Go down
https://fallensouls.board-directory.net

Cursed Crying Boy paintings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fallen Souls :: A Bump In The Night :: Modern Folklore-
Jump to: